24 Aug 2014

FREAKSTOCK 2014 // NEULAND

Freakstock was like meeting a family you never knew existed. It was a refreshing experience.





My favourite memories:

Sharing a glass of wine with my best friend under a tree of lights.
Singing worship songs with girls from the Shekina community.
Striking up conversations with strangers in the long coffee queue every morning.
Worshiping my Father in a dark hall to the sound of heavy metal.
Watching hundreds of fellow-believers gather under the midday sun to listen to a sermon.
Being told by a little girl that I was wearing beautiful pants.
Dancing the night away to the sound of electro and Toto’s Africa.
Sitting on the lawn in the early morning hours, lost in conversation.
Speaking to god about everything that was moving my heart.
Grabbing moments because I felt so strongly over those few days that life was there for living.


















3 comments :