8 Feb 2011

WHY I MISS KOREAN FASHION





What made me miss K-Fashion? When I saw recent photos of the group 2NE1 („twenty-one“). Their commitment to adopting every possible fashion trend is truly endearing. This South Korean girl group is made up of CL, Bom, Dara and Minzy. Their first hit “Lollipop” was performed with the boy band Big Bang.  

The band is a product of the Korean music industry their music is infectious. As an example, LG Corporation created the song, matching phone (which they released at the same time) and the result was it was the top song for four weeks in a row.

But still, I love these girls.I love their proud and often colourful fashion style. Korea may import Western fashion trends but they in turn, export their products, be it music or i-phones, to the rest of the world. Okay, so maybe I’ve bought into this post-capitalism creation.